Ties and repeats

From: Frank Wuest
Subject: Ties and repeats
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 10:03:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hi everyone,

I'm currently transforming the bass part of a big band arrangement (8 pages,
boo!)
into a more usable form. That means using a bunch of repeats with alternatives,
plus
ties across these alternatives.

Now I know that regular ties don't work from the end of an alternative to the
beginning
of the repeat, but I found \laissezVibrer to be good enough for me. It would
probably be useful
to add a pointer to that in the documentation on repeats.

I have a minor problem in one place where I have a tie from the end of the
first alternative
to the beginning of the repeat but no tie before the beginning of the repeat.

I'd like to get something like \repeatTie with parentheses akin to cautionary
accidentals.
Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Frank