Note notation

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Note notation
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 15:26:20 +0200

> On 25 Jul 2015, at 09:04, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> writes:

>> Whether or not that is the key signature the OP wants to work in would
>> be the OP’s problem.
>
> If we wanted to support "natural English note entry", it would become
> LilyPond's problem.

LilyPond’s current system is just fine: it follows how staff notation works,
and can easily be extended to other pitch systems, as in the C++14 code I
already have written.

LilyPond’s lacks accidental operator syntax, though. An accidental is an
interval of scale degree 0 that is added to a note. So one might introduce the
notion of intervals as well.