Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 152, Issue 74

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 152, Issue 74
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 06:25:41 +0200

Malte Meyn <address@hidden> writes:

> Spacer rests can be made of arbitrary length, so s8 instead of s1
> would do the trick too ;) But your solution is easier, why didn’t I
> think of that?
>
> Am 21.07.2015 um 22:22 schrieb Brother Gabriel-Marie:
>> Malte,
>>
>> Okay, that does work for suppressing the key signatures in the latter
>> staves, but I start my melody with a \partial 8 and the spacer throws
>> off the count.

Both of you have quoted an entire daily digest in your replies.

DO NOT EVER DO THIS!!!!!

Both of your mails will appear in the next daily digest, meaning that
the next daily digest will contain 2 complete quotes of the last daily
digest.

Keep this up for a week, and 95% of all list traffic will consist of
regurgitated old digests.

Preferably _never_ reply to a digest (that gives a useless subject line
and cross references that would make it possible for mail readers to
group mails into threads).  And _never_ leave any material in your reply
that you are not actually referring to.  It just accumulates (or in the
case of digests, grows exponentially) in discussions and digests and is
readily available in archives, either the official one or your private
mail archive.

Be courteous to your fellow list readers: don't dump unnecessary
material on them and force them to figure out what you intended as
context and what is just accumulated garbage.

--
David Kastrup