Getting absolute position of objects

From: sigMate
Subject: Getting absolute position of objects
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 10:16:18 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to obtain the absolute coordinates (x,y) of each
graphical object LilyPond renders.

I'd need such information to overlay some content on top a PNG score output
from LilyPond.

I've looked at the "event-listener.ly" method, but my Scheme/LilyPond
internals were too limited to extend it to log grobs coordinates. I wonder
if this is even possible at this stage when LilyPond parse a score. The
grobs definitive coordinates may not be even defined at this point, I don't
know.

Thanks in advance for you help.

Regards,

sigMate