can Keep_alive_together_engraver be temporarily suspended?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: can Keep_alive_together_engraver be temporarily suspended?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 16:45:43 -0400

Hi all,

I have

  PianoStaff
  <<
    Staff
    Dynamics
    Staff
    Pedals

By default, the PianoStaff \consists “Keep_alive_together_engraver”, and this
is generally perfect for me. I have one section of my current score in which I
would like to reduce the piano part to just the upper staff.

I tried \remove-ing the engraver, but a lot of horrible things happened (e.g.,
the Dynamics disappeared!?), and in my current deadline crunch, I don’t have
time to properly bug-fix that if there’s a quick way to just pull out the lower
staff for a few measures.

Thanks!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer