repeated _\markup{} at same distance from staff...?

From: B~M
Subject: repeated _\markup{} at same distance from staff...?
Date: Thu, 7 May 2015 21:00:40 +1000

Dear ALL, at the risk of great embarrassment, I cannot seem to find what must be a simple
command to set _\markup{} at a constant offset from the staff, rather than following the music
up and down etc. I've attached my example which is a simple SATB harmony showing only the Soprano and
Bass. The chord indications (shown int he first bar only) are the symbols I want to all be at the same distance from the
staff, not the notes.
There seems to be functions to do this for dynamics to be offset a constant distance from the staff, but I could
not find a similar command for _\markup (or alternatively ^\markup{}).
Any examples or pointers to the manual ?

Paul