Re: Fedora 21 and lilypond 2.19.19

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: Fedora 21 and lilypond 2.19.19
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 21:36:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 2 May 2015, Andrew Bernard wrote:

Is this a known issue? Should I stay safely on Mint? I see recent discussion
about difficulties with Fedora 22 and
ghostscript.

I have LilyPond 2.19.19 working on Fedora 21 running without problems, and on Fedora 22 I can't compile any *.ly file at all. So it seems you are having a different problem.

I think we must be careful to keep different (LilyPond) issues that people are reporting here separate, if we are not really sure that they are in any way related. Or if weknow they are different issues.

I am summing up some of the issues I have seen in the list that we really should kee seperated for now:

- Fedora 21 vs Fedora 22
- Ghostscript 9.15 vs 9.16 in combination with LilyPond 2.19.19
- problems with new fontconfig
- Ghostscript using "lines.ps" from the Ghostscript search path instead of the filename specified when calling gs. - LilyPond brutally overwrites an already existing xxxx.ps file when an xxxx.ly inputfile is used to create a xxxx.pdf file, (instead of properly creating a decent temporary filename)
- and now the issue from Andrew Bernard

These are really different subjects, that sometimes might, or might not, be related.

Let's keep the bugreports and discussion clean and clear. I started the discussion, and I feel the need to say this.

--

MT