Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Color tweaks (edition engraver)
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 11:43:37 -0500

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 6:02 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

> Would you mind trying an extremely small score with the edition-engraver, something like (however you would set it up)
>
> \displayMusic
> {
>   \override NoteHead.font-size = 2
>   c’’
> }

I used

\version "2.19"
\include "openlilylib-master/editorial-tools/edition-engraver/definitions.ily"
\addEdition test
\editionMod test 1 0/4 test.Score.A \override NoteHead.font-size = 2
override-color = #red
tweak-color = #blue
colorOverride = […]  %%  full function definition would be here
\layout { \context { \Score \consists \editionEngraver test }}
\displayMusic { c’' }

The output remained the same (i.e., the NoteHead font-size did change).

Aha.  So in the console do you see something like:

(make-music
  'ContextSpeccedMusic
  'create-new
  #t
  'property-operations
  (list (list 'push
              'NoteHead
              2
              'font-size))
  'context-type
  'Staff
  'element
  (make-music
    'SequentialMusic
    'elements
    (list (make-music
            'NoteEvent
            'pitch
            (ly:make-pitch 0 0)
            'duration
            (ly:make-duration 2)))))

%%%

If so, the edition engraver is doing the equivalent of:

\new Staff \with { \override NoteHead.font-size = 2 }
{
  c'
}

and I may be able to get at that through 'property-operations.

David