Re: Guitar Tab Quarter Tone Bends

From: Stephen MacNeil
Subject: Re: Guitar Tab Quarter Tone Bends
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 09:12:59 -0400

Hi Marc

>Yes, please! Is it based on bend.ily, or did you wrote it from scratch?
I>IRC, 1/4 bends were possible in bend.ily ...

It uses definitions.ily which I believe is based on bend.ily i think. Great work by the way! And yes quarter tones are possibly however It dies if the tab is printed. This never bothered me as I removed the tab sections from the file anyway, and it works without it. Anyway as I said this is a "Band Aid" solution, basically it just adds whatever you put in 1 1/3 2 1/4 etc by covering the old marking (not a great solution) and changes the accidental. Hence Band aid! It allows printing them with tab, which is what was needed.

anyway thanks for the great work in bend.ily

for padding reasons always cover 1 with 1, 2 with 2 etc, and the paper section seems to be needed unless you change alignment in the markups.

Stephen