Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Suggest a condensed old style or transitional font for lyrics?
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2015 21:08:31 +0200

Am 30.04.2015 um 17:51 schrieb Abraham Lee:
Old Standard TT is nice and has most of the expected variants (roman, italic, bold, but not bold-italic). I've also created a condensed version of the Century Schoolbook L family (roman, italic, bold, bold-italic) just for this purpose if anyone is interested (Urs, I think you asked me for this).

This is quite likely, but I must admit I don't recall having got a copy (please forgive me if I missed that).

I know there are other options out there. I could probably make a condensed version of Opera Lyrics Smooth, but it wouldn't have italics.

I'm not sure if this (level of "handmadeness") wouldn't be overkill. But it's of course an interesting font. And it might go well with the Haydn font?

I've got a handful of others (perfect for this purpose and just beautiful in general) that I'd be willing to recreate from some nice scanned samples if anyone was willing to sponsor the effort.

Mind sharing some samples? Maybe as "teasers"?

Urs

- Abraham