Re: teaching a university module on engraving with lilypond

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: teaching a university module on engraving with lilypond
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 16:25:08 +0100

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 4:07 PM, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:
Given the fact that you paid a price for not reading the Learning Manual
more thoroughly, would it not make sense to use the Learning Manual as
your text for the module?  If there are problems with the Learning Manual,
let's fix them.  If there are "optional" tutorials that you want to have
as part of your module that can be worked on independently after working
through the "core" part of the Learning Manual, I think we could add them.

The learning manual will be a core part of the module of course, but I don't expect it to take much time to get through (I will have 22 hours of contact during the module). In general I would like to focus on practical work first, and explain the theory later.

You know http://benlemon.me/blog/music/lilypond/operation-lilypond
?

No I didn't know about this, and thank you for linking it. I will take a good look.

Kevin