Re: Do we really offer the future?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Do we really offer the future?
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 08:45:50 -0400

Hi Shane,

> For God's sake don't deprecate \relative

Okay, “deprecation” is a bit strong.  =)

But I don’t even tell newbies about it when I’m introducing them to Lilypond —
I tried that for a while, and found that overcoming the confusion not worth the
effort.

> It is far faster to input

I disagree: I find absolute mode far faster for input, and the benefit in
favour of absolute *increases* the moment I have to do any cutting-and-pasting.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info