Is GridLY the future? (Was: Do we really offer the future?)

From: Gilles
Subject: Is GridLY the future? (Was: Do we really offer the future?)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2015 21:29:36 +0200

Hello.

I think you could vastly benefit from using openLilyLib's GridLY
library. Of course thst's only viable for new projects.

That looks interesting just from a quick reading of
  https://github.com/openlilylib/openlilylib/tree/master/ly/gridly

I stumbled upon that page only through a web search...

The "openlilylib" web site refers to github but then it is not
clear what functionality can be found there and how to install
and use it (the links of the examples at the bottom of the above
page point to nowhere).

Is this something to be included in LilyPond at some point?
If not, why?

Thanks,
Gilles