Re: title_page

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: title_page
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 20:23:36 +0200

On Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:33:25 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Create separate title/cover page in LaTeX and assemble the PDFs; seems a
> bit kludgy, though should work just fine.  Failing any more integrated
> approach I would probably do this.

This is the approach I've been using for years, except that I do not use
LaTeX to create the title/cover page.

To be more precise: I create the score (PDF) using LilyPond but without
headers, footers, etc. A custom tool processes this PDF and adds logos,
headings, page numbers and so on. The exact information is in a database
where I register all scores, and the LilyPond \header is not used at all.

It is not LilyPond specific, I use the same approach for several other tools
that produce PDF documents. It has turned out to be much easier than to try
to persuade these tools to create the headers I want. And all resultant
documents have the same looks.

-- Johan