Re: "procedure" vs. "function"

From: PMA
Subject: Re: "procedure" vs. "function"
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 10:50:04 -0400

Andrew Bernard wrote:
Yes, it is quite muddy!

I just took a look at the Guile 2.0 reference manual. Generally they use
procedure but the book also uses the term function interchangeably further on
inside, so I suppose it does not matter so much! No doubt the book is written
by a large team of authors.

An argument for using one single term is that by using two terms, it implies
the possibility that they refer to two different things, which is not the case
(hence the confusion about returning a value or not).

Andrew