Re: Jianpu Notation

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Jianpu Notation
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 23:00:03 +0200

Hi David,

I've absolutely no clue what kind of music you're talking about.
I've seen than Ming (pretty active on the list) has already started some discussion about it.
In any case I'd follow you just by curiosity!

Cheers,
Pierre

Hello!

I am a Java developer and music amateur from China who is familiar with both 5-staff notation and Jianpu (aka numberic) notation used for all pitched Chinese instruments. I have seen post discussed about displaying Jianpu notation in Lilypond years ago, and would like to help developing implementation of it. Recently, I have tried to implement a small subset of Jianpu on Lilypond, in ugly programming style, as attached in this email. I would like to hear more from the Lilypond community about how to implement the Jianpu support better.

Many Thanks!

David Zhang