Lyric extenders and \skip

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Lyric extenders and \skip
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 09:40:53 +0200

Hi.

Please consider the following example.

\version "2.19.15"
<<
  \relative { c' d e f }
  \addlyrics { a __ _ \skip 1 a }
  \relative { c' d e f }
  \addlyrics { a __ _ a a }
  \relative { c' d r f }
  \addlyrics { a __ _ \skip 1 }
  \relative { c' d r f }
  \addlyrics { a __ _ a }

I would expect the length of the lyrics extenders lines in staves 1 and 3 to be the same as in staves 2 and 4. Instead in staves 1 and 3 the extender line covers also the note corresponding to `\skip 1`.

Is this behaviour documented?
I couldn't find it in the manuals.

How can I achieve the desired result, i.e. a melisma with lyric extender line followed by a note with no syllable and no extender line?

Best wishes.
Davide