Re: Placement of new Context

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Placement of new Context
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 11:07:45 -0400

Hi Robert,

> except that it always shows up at the bottom of
> the system, no matter how I arrange the individual "\new Staff" etc.
> within the StaffGroup. I can't seem to find the proper
> command/setting/override that tells the context: your place within the
> system is wherever you're placed within the StaffGroup.

You have told \Score to accept your context, so it does.
You *haven’t* told \StaffGroup to accept your new context, so it doesn’t — it
simply barfs it out into its parent (\Score), where it settles “downward” in
the system.

So

    \context { \StaffGroup \accepts "RhythmicLine” }

should solve your problem.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer