Re: Custom noteheads stem alignment

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Custom noteheads stem alignment
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 10:02:34 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Dear Pierre,

Thank you so very very much for this. You have solved two problems in one - the stem attachment and the elliptical counter, and it looks excellent.

I can’t find words to express my appreciation for your help to me and the list in general. It’s most appreciated.

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it ! :)

Of course, when you help somebody, there’s always one more thing, isn’t there? I can’t resize the noteheads with

\override NoteHead.font-size = #n

What is going on there?

Now I understand - font size changes won’t affect this code as it is not drawing from the font. But I am not sure what code will scale the noteheads. Do I need a separate stencil for different sizes? That’s not so bad, as I only want to differentiate normal notes and grace notes.

Yes, I think you'll have to scale note heads for graces' (e.g. \scale #'(.8 . .8) \sOne)
Does it help?
Cheers,
Pierre