Problem with \break command

From: Peter Toye
Subject: Problem with \break command
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 15:49:50 +0100

I'm trying to typeset some finger patterns for exercises and don't want bar numbers or barlines. This works fine for the first line, but after a \break command to force a new line for the next pattern the clef isn't shown.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong, but as a relative Lilypond newbie who hasn't used it for a year, I can't work out what. Can some kind soul please help?

\version "2.18.2"

\language "english"

\layout {
 ragged-right  = ##t