Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.17.1

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: ANN: Frescobaldi 2.17.1
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 09:33:53 +0100

Il 28/12/14 05.27, Henning Hraban Ramm ha scritto:
Am 2014-12-28 um 06:33 schrieb Stan Sanderson <address@hidden>:

Would there be any advantage to installing the (soon to be released) MacPorts
update instead of the dmg file provided by the Frescobaldi website?

For me the advantage is that I can update a bunch of my tools with one call of
my update script (that includes a „call to port“) without the need to open a
website, search for the download, wait for it to complete, open the file, click
here, click there…

As Hraban said, MacPorts helps you keep your software up to date, and given that you already have MacPorts installed (if I remember correctly) I would keep using it.

Anyway, from a new user's point of view, I would say that you want to install with MacPorts if you already use MacPorts for other software, or if you want to help with Frescobaldi's development.
If this is not the case, it's probably simpler to use the DMG.

Best wishes.
Davide