Re: Changing the default end-repeat bracket

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Changing the default end-repeat bracket
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:11:16 +0100

Ok Harm.
Thanks for pointing that out.
Cheers,
Pierre

> <address@hidden>:
>>

>>> IMHO, it could be in the notation manual.
>>

>> Added to the LSR with a "docs" tag  : http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=964
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Pierre
>

> Hi Pierre,
>
> I had a look in said snippet and stumbled across the added override:
> \once\override Score.VoltaBracket.X-offset = #.9
> Deleting that line and compiling the code with 2.18.0 and 2.19.15 on
> my machine returns proper output.
> Deleting that line in the LSR (it runs 2.18.0 as well) shows some collision.
> No idea whats going on.
>
> In any case the correct override would be:
> \once\override Score.VoltaBracket.shorten-pair = #'(1 . -1)
>
> Though again, I've no clue why it's needed in the LSR, and only in the
> LSR, at all.
>
> Therefore I can't approve it, at least not with a docs-tag
>
> Cheers,
>   Harm

Found it.
After discusion
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Reducing-the-second-VoltaBracketSpanner-length-td161852.html
I changed my 2.18.0.-version of bar-line.scm

Undoing it returns the collision.

Anyway, I can't approve the snippet as is.
Correct way would be to approve it _and_ insert a corrected snippet
into Documentation/snippets/new
Can't do it myself, currently I've no git running.

Cheers,
  Harm