animated SVG + MIDI

From: Andrew Levine
Subject: animated SVG + MIDI
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 10:51:41 -0800

Hello! I am very interested in using the point-and-click feature available for SVG output (-dbackend=svg on the command line). This causes the SVG to record the "origin" of each note head in the source file, something like "source.ly:22:10:11", meaning the note's circle in the SVG was defined in source.ly line 22 char 10.
What I would like to do is generate a text file recording this same origin information for note on events in the MIDI file that's generated alongside the SVG by Lilypond. I am trying to make interactive SVG's online that highlight the current note when it's being played on audio. Given a note head with origin = X and a MIDI note-on event with the same origin, I can highlight note heads given a current playback time in the MIDI. Does anyone have any pointers on where & how to go about generating this text file with MIDI origin info?

Regards,
Andrew Levino