Re: Adjusting the absolute vertical height of staffgroup

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Adjusting the absolute vertical height of staffgroup
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:13:20 -0700 (MST)

Hi and welcome,

lindleymo wrote
> I'm fairly new to lilypond and I'm trying to figure out how to set the
> vertical heights in a staffgroup (the height of each staff, the height
> between staves and the height between staff groups) to precise values (in
> points, which I understand is the default).  This seems like it would be
> an easy enough problem to solve but I haven't been able to find any
> information; perhaps I'm searching for the wrong terms or I don't
> understand the results that are coming up.
> Thank you for your help.

It sounds like you want to change vertical spacing.  Have you seen these
sections of the docs?  They should get you started:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-paper-variables

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems

Vertical spacing can get tricky, so here's a helpful visual guide:

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/164161/0/vertical-spacing-paper-variables.pdf

Hope that helps,
-Paul