setting text span to breakable?

From: Jaime E Oliver
Subject: setting text span to breakable?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 23:21:37 -0500

Hi again,

I have a similar problem as I did with the glissandos.

If I generate a text spanner with a beginning and an end. (such as in the
example sul pont ------> ord.) and it breaks over two lines of music, I'd like
to have the sul pont. in the first line and ord in the second with a broken
line, but instead lilypond places sul pont at the beginning of the expression
then ord at the end of the line, then again in the next line sul pont. and then
ord at the end.

Is there a way to write the texts at the beginning and end of the line and not
at the breaking points? In other words, to have the text only at the leftmost
and rightmost bounds?

This is again on latest lilypond 2.18.2-1 on os x 10.8.5 and the code below
reproduces it.

best,

\header {
        title = "writing text spans "
}

inst_part = \relative c'
{

\time 4/4

\clef treble
% ________________________________________bar 1 :

        \once \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = #"sul tasto "
        \once \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = #" sul pont "
        \once \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.arrow = ##t
        \once \override TextSpanner.style = #'line
dis2\startTextSpan
                cis8[ f8]
                        f8[ f8] |
% ________________________________________bar 2 :
cis8[ e8]
        g8[ dis8]
                f8[ f8]
                        dis8[ f8] |
% ________________________________________bar 3 :
dis8[ g8]
        fis8[ cis8]
                dis8[ cis8]
                        g'8[ f8] |
% ________________________________________bar 4 :
c8[ cis8]
        cis8[ f8]
                f8[ d8]
                        cis8[ e8] |
% ________________________________________bar 5 :
g8[ e8]
        g8[ f8]
                d8[ fis8]
                        d8[ cis8] |
% ________________________________________bar 6 :
                f2\stopTextSpan
}

\score {
        \new Staff {
                \new Voice {
                        \inst_part
        \layout {
                \override TextSpanner.bound-padding = #1.0
                \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding = #1.3
                \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.stencil-align-dir-y =
#CENTER
                \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.stencil-align-dir-y =
#CENTER
                #(set-default-paper-size "a4")
        }
        \midi { }