Re: Shortened line containing second time repeat volta has problems

From: John McWilliam
Subject: Re: Shortened line containing second time repeat volta has problems
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 07:13:22 -0700 (MST)

Thanks Pierre. Two things:
1. The repeat sign at the beginning of the second part is coded but does not
appear.
2. If you have time could you explain your corrections to my code. I
understand the "allow-volta-hook"
    but why did the barline at the end of line two appear and have to be
hidden. Lastly, why did the
    repeat sign at the beginning of line three disappear.

%#(allow-volta-hook "|")
#(allow-volta-hook "||")

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \time 3/4       %adjust time to suit specific tunes
    \bar ".|:"

    % Part 1
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(start-repeat)
    \repeat unfold 4 {a4 a a}
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1"))
    \repeat unfold 4 {a4 a a}
    \break
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f) (volta "2. --1,2") end-repeat)
    \repeat unfold 4 {a4 a a}
    \bar "||"
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f))
    \stopStaff

    % Increasing the unfold counter will expand the staff-free space
    \repeat unfold 6 { s4 s4 s4 }
    \break
    \once \hide Score.BarLine
    \startStaff  % Resume bar count and show staff lines again

    % Part 2
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(start-repeat)
    \repeat unfold 4 {a4 a a }
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta "1"))
    \repeat unfold 4 {a4 a a }
    \set Score.repeatCommands = #'((volta #f) end-repeat)
  }%end staff
}%end score

-----
John McWilliam