Fixed measure width for chord charts.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Fixed measure width for chord charts.
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:20:57 +0100

I have been developing LilyPond code to enable the generation of "Chord
Charts" such as the one attached here.
They differ from conventional music notation by being short, comprising
only Chord Symbols with one or two chord durations, and, ideally, a
fixed measure spacing, usually four to a line.
Various tweaks have been applied in this example to suit very small
displays.
The remaining outstanding difficulty is controlling the measure width -
ideally all the bar lines would align vertically down the screen (the
chord symbols would be made smaller if they didn't fit).
I have set

\set Score.proportionalNotationDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/4)

which helps make the measures more even in width, but not entirely.

Can anyone suggest something that would essentially turn off the fancy
spacing algorithms that are running? Or perhaps point me to some scheme
code governing the spacing which I could tweak?

Richard