Re: Best practice for parts with varying number of staves

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Best practice for parts with varying number of staves
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 20:59:59 +0200

Hi Kieren,

> Hi Urs,
>
>> How would you approach this scenario?
>
> I'm working on a mechanism involving \quoteDuring and \RemoveEmptyStaves
> which should handle this scenario "perfectly". Right now, I'm testing it with
> a choral
> work which variously needs 4 (S+A+T+B), 2 (SA+TB), or 1 (SATB) staves,
> depending
> on the shared content. When it's ready for prime-time, I'll be sure to share
> it with the list for review.

What's the status of your "partcombining framework"?
As we're starting serious work on the beforementioned project, this
would be of great help.  We could also work on finishing the framework
together; it seems to me that with
https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3518 in place this
should be quite doable.

best,