Re: Error on running convert.ly

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Error on running convert.ly
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 08:33:12 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "John McWilliam" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2014 4:47 PM

I have recently had the following problems and as yet have not received any
suggestions for solving this:

Following some informations about your operating system....

- point and click no longer works for me

On any file?  When did it stop working?  What happens?

- convert-ly gives an error when I try to run it on old files.

How old is old.  Does it work on "new" files.  How new is new?

 File "/usr/lib/python2.4/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 45-47:
invalid data

Well - it looks like you have byte-encoded data that convert-ly can't understand.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Try creating a tiny example that causes the problem.

--
Phil Holmes