Re: compressFullBarRests question (see picture in annex)

From: Mark Knoop
Subject: Re: compressFullBarRests question (see picture in annex)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:17:30 +0100

At 09:59 on 31 Jul 2014, Nick Alderweireldt wrote:
>This is my first day lilypond-frescobaldi. I am really impressed by
>the features.
>
>Please have a look to the picture in annex.
>Left is what is engraved using :
>
>\compressFullBarRests
>
>R1*4
>
>Right is a scan of a part of a score sheet showing the same 4 full
>rests. The bar with 4 above is longer.
>What do I need to change to the code to obtain the same as right on
>the picture ?

Look further down the page of Notation Reference 1.2.2 Writing rests to
the "Selected snippets" section. You'll see there is a property
"expand-limit" which controls the number of bars at which Kirchenpausen
become a simple line rest. You can change this default (10) with:

\override MultiMeasureRest.expand-limit = #3 % or the number you want

--
Mark Knoop