Re: Proportional-Notation Durations

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: Proportional-Notation Durations
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 21:40:22 +0300

On Jul 24, 2014, at 9:08 PM, PMA <address@hidden> wrote:

PMA wrote:
Thomas Morley wrote:
Hi List.

I'm looking for a LilyPond way to specify note duration
in a Proportional Notation context using exactly _one_
stemless notehead type.

Perhaps the first option is a mid-level horizontal line
extending distance-X from the notehead. (The space
following would indicate silence.)

But I want ask: has anyone done this instead with the
_hairpin_ -- attached to a note-head via pitch params,
tapered to a param-specified length, and filled?

I’ve seen this done with glissandi.
It is possible with any spanner, but glissandi are easier in that they are already associated with note heads.

Cheers,
MS