.ly to .svg - can't manage to get anything working

From: Pieter-Jan Van Damme
Subject: .ly to .svg - can't manage to get anything working
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 03:35:09 +0200

Hello guys,

I've been looking for a method to get Lilypond to output to .svg but none of the methods described online worked for me (I'm using Windows 7).

I tried:

1) using the command line... well, the documentation has left me even more confused than before I tried it. That may be because I am not overly familiar with the command line. And I'm suspecting the documentation is Linux-oriented.

2) when importing a .pdf into Inkscape the note heads and clefs fail to materialize. Somewhere online it was said I should either uninstall some Windows updates (https://plus.google.com/+inkscape/posts/RV4qMPKFXkn - didn't work) or install a font (didn't find the ones referenced; either Feta ).

Would you guys have any suggestions for a novice like myself?