Re: How to put RehearsalMarks on their own horizontal line?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to put RehearsalMarks on their own horizontal line?
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 20:35:36 +0200

"Karol Majewski" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having a hard time trying put all RehearsalMarks on their own horizontal
> line. This is an example:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> \version "2.19.10"
>
> global = {
>   \time 3/4 \tempo "Allegro" s1*3/4*2
> }
>
> part = {
>   \clef treble
>   c'4 \mark \default d'4 e'4
>   c'4 \mark \default d'4 e'4
> }
>
> \score {
>   \new Staff <<
>     \global
>     \part
>   >>
> }
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> Here, I want "B" to be higher - on the same line as "A". In other words, I
> want rehearsalm marks to behave like expression marks in Dynamics context.
>
> I tried to define new context, but with no success.
>
> Any ideas appreciated.

The following appears to work.

\version "2.19.10"

global = {
  \time 3/4 \tempo "Allegro" s1*3/4*2
}

part = {
  \clef treble
  c'4 \mark \default d'4 e'4
  c'4 \mark \default d'4 e'4
}

\score {
  <<
    \new Marks \part
    \new Staff <<
      \global
      \part

}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    \remove "Mark_engraver"
    \accepts "Marks"
  }
  \context {
    \name "Marks"
    \type "Engraver_group"
    \alias Staff % swallow Staff-level settings
    \alias Voice % swallow Voice-level settings
    \consists "Mark_engraver"
    \consists "Axis_group_engraver"
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-affinity = #UP

David Kastrup