Re: Shorten ledger lines

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Shorten ledger lines
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 00:22:41 +0200

Am 12.07.2014 23:43, schrieb tisimst:
> Javier Ruiz-Alma wrote
>> What is the proper usage for this override?  Below, I tried several
>> values without any apparent change in ledger line length.

> Javier,
>
> You are doing the right thing, but there's some nuances to consider.

Hi Javier,

while the link by Abraham is really interesting, I could not find an
answer to your problem there. What I noticed though is that for some
reason, it seems like the override has to be put before the music not
within:

\new Staff \with {
  \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.length-fraction = #1
  \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.minimum-length-fraction = #1
}

or

\layout {
  \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.length-fraction = #1
  \override Staff.LedgerLineSpanner.minimum-length-fraction = #1
}

This leaves the question open how to adapt it for single notes or small
passages.

HTH,
Joram