Re: Possible Bug with \numericTimeSignature

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Possible Bug with \numericTimeSignature
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 09:39:34 +0200

Keith OHara <address@hidden> writes:

> Joshua Nichols <josh.d.nichols <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> global = {
>>   \key c \major
>>   \numericTimeSignature
>
> It is a bug, but you can fix this one yourself if you like.
>
> In 'property-init.ly' the definition is
> numericTimeSignature = \override Staff.TimeSignature.style = #'numbered
> but we want it to apply to the entire Score, not just one Staff.

I am skeptical regarding this claim since there are various kinds of
Staff.  For example, if you do

\new MensuralStaff {
     \key c \major
     \numericTimeSignature
     \time 4/4
}

for better or worse the expectation will be to have a numeric time
signature in the mensural staff.  An override at Score level will not
actually show any effect since MensuralStaff has a local override of its
own taking precedence.

--
David Kastrup