"dal segno" several times

From: Carlo Vanoni
Subject: "dal segno" several times
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:18:37 +0100 (BST)

Hi everyone,

this is more a generic music notation question than a LilyPond related. By the way, I will ask it here so I can get a LilyPond related solution if needed, too.

I have a simple song, where the verse is 4 measures repeated twice, and the chorus again 4 measures repeated twice.
The song is like this:
intro
verse
chorus
verse
chorus
verse
chorus
outro

I can print all the section as stated above, but it will be easier to have something like this
intro
||: verse
chorus :|| x3 times
outro

If the verse and the chorus don't have repeats themself, one can use a simple repeat. Since they have repeats, I can't use "nested repeat", can I? My idea is to use a "D.S. 3 times" (probably with a "take all repeats"), or similar, but I'm not sure it is the correct way.
Of course, in this example, I can remove the single section repeat (so verse becomes 8 measures, same for chorus) and use a simple repeat to get the result. By the way, I'm looking for a generic scenario solution.

Thanks!