Fwd: Re: Dotted half note showing as half note followed by a colon

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Fwd: Re: Dotted half note showing as half note followed by a colon
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 11:10:51 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:09:44 +0100
Von: Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>
An: Urs Liska <address@hidden>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Urs Liska" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 6:12 AM

Am 12.05.2014 05:45, schrieb Knute Snortum:
Well, I get warning with the example you posted.  You basically have two
voices trying to put rests and notes in the same place.  This is what I
would do:

Yes, that's the correct approach. But it still doesn't explain why there
are two different dots. (Although I don't know if you can call it a bug
when faulty input produces faulty output ;-) ).

Since the warning message is "ignoring too many clashing note columns",
it would be nice if the 'too many clashing dots' were also ignored.  This
would be in keeping with Lily's general aim of making as much sense of
the input as possible.  But note other notational elements are also doubled
in the printed output under these circumstances - dynamics and slurs, for
example.

Trevor