Re: MIDI error compiling source

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: MIDI error compiling source
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 17:40:19 +0200

Knute Snortum <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks David.
>
> Is there something about \skip that messes up the barline checks?  I can't
> avoid barline warnings without removing the "|".  I can post a LilyPond
> file if that will help.
>

> Knute Snortum
> (via Gmail)
>

> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Knute Snortum <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Thanks, that's the info I need.  I'm typesetting for Mutopia and they use
>> > 2.18.2 and they don't want errors, but if there's no way to exclude the
>> > errors without moving to 2.19.2, I think they'll understand.
>>
>> The problem is that the MIDI will be bad also.  You probably need to do
>> a separate score for midi where you start off with something like
>>
>> \score {
>>   \partial 4
>>   \skip 4
>>   [the actual score]
>>   \midi { }
>> }
>>
>> in order to have time for the initial grace notes.

Well, I should probably have written

\score {
  { \partial 4
    \skip 4
    [the actual score]
  }
  \midi { }
}

I'm not totally clear on when the Score context is created.  If the
above still fails to work, something like
\score {
  \new Score { ...

might do the trick in order to have the Score context be available in
time to see the time-keeping instructions.

--
David Kastrup