Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.

From: Knute Snortum
Subject: Re: Add LilyPond incipit on an IMSLP page.
Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 10:27:11 -0700

Pierre: (Why I'm not a Mutopia user.)  I think many of your criticisms are legitimate.  I'd like to be part of making Mutopia a better site.  Right now I am just a contributor but at some point maybe I can help with making the site better.

I don't think there is competition between IMSLP and Mutopia.  There is some overlap, of course.  I could be wrong but what I see mostly at IMSLP are photocopies of scores.  If that's right, I think there's a place for newly created PDFs that are clear.  Also, many times I click on a PDF and it's so old a version that it doesn't render.  At least with a LilyPond file you can (usually) update it and get a decent PDF out of it.

I'd like to see more cooperation between Mutopia and IMSLP.  Is there anything you could suggest?  Perhaps cross links?

Knute Snortum
(via Gmail)