Exact stem length?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Exact stem length?
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 12:27:15 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to recreate a contemporary notation. Attachments show my results so far, of course I'd want to encapsulate that in a function later to have it accessible.

The problems I have (apart from the slash that is still missing):

- How could I remove the gap between the first two stems?

- Is there a way to get the stems extactly the same length so I can get an even distribution regardless of the length of the expression and the beam's slope? Currently the stems seem to respect the vertical position of the non-existent noteheads. I tried to set the Stems' length and the vertical position of the notehead, both didn't do anything.

For a final function I would like to give the following parameters as arguments:
- First and last pitch
- rhythmic extent of the group
- number of "notes"
- length of trailing rest (i.e. ratio of the visible group to the empty rest.

Any ideas?
TIA
Urs