barline

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: barline
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 07:53:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello LilyPonders,

Could someone please give me an advice? What is the best way to avoid that
LilyPond breaks a line in the middle of a bar when using middle bar dashed
barlines? In the following case, I have a tempo change in the middle of a
bar, and I really would like to avoid this break.

\version "2.19.2"
{
  \time 4/4
  \tempo 4 = 60
  \repeat unfold 5 { c'4 c' c' c' | }
  c' c' c' \bar "!" \tempo 4 = 80 c' |
  \repeat unfold 6 { c' c' c' c' | }
}

I do understand that LilyPond is considering ALL barlines as end of bars,
and thus that specific bar is actually divided into a 3/4 + 1/4. Would there
be a way of avoiding this?

I would really appreciate if the solution would NOT consist of turning off
the line-break-permission and manually adding breaks for every single
line... I am currently dealing with an orchestral score of 700+ bars that is
algorithmically produced, so I really really really don't want to do it
manually...

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Gilberto