can anyone work on Lyric bounties (GSoC, etc.)?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: can anyone work on Lyric bounties (GSoC, etc.)?
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 15:26:25 -0500

Hello all,

A large proportion of my compositions and arrangements include voice. There are
certain (one might almost say “many”) things about Lily’s vocal engraving
engine that need fixing. Hence I was very excited when Janek took that part of
Lily on during his Google Summer of Code stint. However, not everything that
was planned for was ultimately completed; furthermore, there are things that
weren’t even part of the original plan that I (and, I assume, many others)
would benefit from.

I have been personally sponsoring little fixes and improvements… but it’s time
to get serious about the Lyric things, because I have a HUGE engraving year
ahead of me (including four complete stage musicals and two chamber operas,
plus a number of choral and vocal pieces).

Mike S. (who has withdrawn from circulation due to friction on the list) and
Janek (who is "on sabbatical” due to physical problems) were my main
sponsor-ees, so I’m reaching out in the hopes others might be available to help.

The two things I need/want ASAP are

1. Notes spaced “correctly” regardless of lyrics, with the lyrics then “sliding
around” to fit the notes (instead of the opposite, which is currently the
case), q.v. <http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2450>,
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2456>, etc.

2. LyricHyphen hara-kiri, q.v.
<http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2458> etc.