#' is no longer needed with \tag

From: Paul Morris
Subject: #' is no longer needed with \tag
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 01:01:38 -0500

Hi everyone,  I just discovered that just like with \override, in 2.17 you no
longer need to use #' with \tag.  This is a really nice improvement!  It makes
tags feel much more lightweight to use, and everything is easier on the eyes.

Dotted lists work too!  Instead of:
  \removeWithTag #'aa
  \removeWithTag #'bb
  \removeWithTag #'cc
  \tag #'aa \tag #'bb \tag #'cc { g1 }

or:
  \removeWithTag #'(aa bb cc)
  \tag #'(aa bb cc) { g1 }

You can just write:
  \removeWithTag aa.bb.cc
  \tag aa.bb.cc { g1 }

I didn't realize this before because it's not shown in the 2.17 manuals yet:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/different-editions-from-one-source#using-tags

I think it's definitely worth adding it to this list on the changes page:
Several commands now accept symbol lists (conveniently entered as dot-separated
words) for various kinds of arguments. These include ‘\accidentalStyle’,
‘\alterBroken’, ‘\footnote’, ‘\hide’, ‘\omit’, ‘\overrideProperty’, ‘\shape’,
and ‘\tweak’.
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/changes/index.html

I believe David Kastrup deserves the credit for this improvement, so thank you
David!  And while I'm at it, thanks to the whole dev team for all of their work
on LilyPond!

-Paul

Here's a demo snippet:

\version "2.17.95"