Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 133, Issue 102

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: lilypond-user Digest, Vol 133, Issue 102
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 08:57:36 +0000

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 20:28 -0500, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> So interesting that this came up on the list this week… I was brainstorming
> an orchestration teaching tool,

In case it is not widely appreciated ...
All sorts of tools and teaching aids become quite trivial if the music
is stored in a computer-friendly data structure rather than a
human-friendly one. This is one extra reason for doing the bulk note
entry using Denemo, besides the sheer speed and ease of sight-reading
music while entering it. Writing loops over movements, staffs, measures
and notes is trivial using Scheme, so that any sort of query can be made
without much effort.

Richard