Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: Phil Burfitt
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 10:58:59 -0000

From: "Werner LEMBERG" <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 6:34 PM

It's not so much about texinfo but...

... but someone who is an experienced web page designer and/or
JavaScript programmer/user.  The separation between content and
presentation is already there due to the very nature of texinfo.

As a starter, it would help us a lot if such a person analyzes, say,
the top-level lilypond web page, giving recommendations how to
improve, ideally in small, logical steps.  A complete redesign
starting from scratch is *much* harder to implement, I believe.

   Werner

Hi Werner,

It looks like Carl Peterson is taking this on, so you have your man. I did have a very brief look at the home page however....

* why are you out-sourcing tracking (google analytics)?

* why are you using DOM scripting (javascript http requests)?

It makes no sense for the server to send a page to a browser, only for the browser to call the server again for more data to complete the page. Why is this data not being included in the page by the server in the first place?

Phil.