Re: A thought on Windows Experience

From: ArnoldTheresius
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 02:09:24 -0800 (PST)

Noeck wrote
> This editor (lilypad) in Windows is deterrent.

Well, when I started working with LILYPOND, I allready had expeciance with
both command line compilers and IDE compilers. So I never tried Frescobaldi.
And I stopped using lilypad very, very soon; immediately after I noticed I
did not support UTF-8 encoding.
I created a few tiny "helper" programs, e.g. to 'translate' the UTF-8-output
of lilypond.exe correctly to the windows command line terminal.
I did not start to create my own editor resp.
Itegrated_Developemnt_Environment, because
(1) I would need a coulple of month to implement it,
(2) my solution would only have the look and feel of IDE programs of the
80-ies
(3) it would be exclusively for windows.

ArnoldTheresius