Re: A thought on Windows Experience (was: useability, promoting, etc)

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: A thought on Windows Experience (was: useability, promoting, etc)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 19:43:17 +0100

2013/12/4 SoundsFromSound <address@hidden>:

> I'm confused. There is a Lilypad for Windows. It comes standard w/ the
> LilyPond installation. ?

Yes. But it opens IIRC when you right-click on a ly document, then choose Edit.
This lilypad editor does have a menu entry to compile. So, it is a
sort of shell/editor. I find this path tortuous. People double-click
the lilypond icon, and don't see this shell as many of them could
expect. Instead, ugly things happen. Therefore, lilypond is ugly. I
think this summarizes the start and the end of a newcomer's
experience.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com