Scores for the visually impaired

From: Frederick Bartlett
Subject: Scores for the visually impaired
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 11:09:48 -0500

Now that I'm *cough, cough* an expert LilyPond user, I want to explore something really difficult.

My wife, a voice teacher, suffers from macular degeneration. Before her vision degrades so much that she can no longer read printed scores, I'd like to cobble together a system that

Judging by the success of Frescobaldi, most of this would seem to be feasible. And I have five years or so to figure all this out ...

Has anyone on this list ever used Audiveris or OpenOMR?

How about creating non-paged graphical output from LilyPond?

Thanks for reading!

Fred