Re: How to combine accidental glyphs for new note names?

From: pls
Subject: Re: How to combine accidental glyphs for new note names?
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:51:52 +0100

On 29.10.2013, at 07:52, ArnoldTheresius <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
> I see two options:
>
> 1. Build your own font which includes the additional glyphs (and all the
> other accidental glyphs, too).
> Then make LILYPOND use this new font for all accidentals.
>
> 2. Replace the stencil function of the Accidentals by your own scheme
> procedure.
> This will return your "combined stencil" for your additions, but will call
> the original stencil function for all the other standard glyphs. I expect,
> you will have to "wrap" some other callback functions of this GROB in the
> same way.
>
> You may find some more information how to solve it if your search for:
> sagittal (uses microtonal accidentals from an extra font)
> lilyJAZZ (also uses it's own notation font, as far as I've noticed)
> bold tenuto in the LSR (wraps the stencil function for articulations to
> return stencils build of simple geometry for tenuto and portato)
>
> I hope, this information will help you to proceed,
> ArnoldTheresius

Hi Arnold,

thanks for your hints!

MeanwhileI found a third solution.  It's somewhat dirty but it does the
(visual) job without me having to define new note names.  So in case someone
runs into the same problem:

\version "2.17.29"
sharpdoublesharp = {
  \once \override Accidental.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \once \override Accidental.text = \markup {
    \concat {
    \musicglyph #"accidentals.sharp"
    \musicglyph #"accidentals.doublesharp"
  \once \override Staff.AccidentalPlacement #'right-padding = #1.25
}
{
\sharpdoublesharp
cisis'