Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi 2.0.11
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 21:15:12 +0200

"Peter Gentry" <address@hidden> writes:

>>> I was confused by small parts of the manuals (I guess one is for
>>> Windows and one for Unix, but that took a while to sink in)
>
>> No, either spelling of the option will work under either system.
>
> PG: Oh but why is the second more complex? Does it include greater
> scope for specification?

It's easier to remember than a single-letter option once you have too
many of the latter.  I think one rather hard UNIX quiz question is to
name the three letters which _aren't_ single letter options of the ls
command.

>> Cheer up
>
> DK: Really.
>
> PG: Yes, why not....:)

It is more gracious to achieve a positive reaction by suitable content
rather than commands.

--
David Kastrup